PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Accountable for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the hotel and providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests’ stay. Act as Manager on Duty on occasion and respond to emergency codes.
- Take every opportunity to amaze the guests.
- Ensures all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Amrit Ocean Resort and Residences standards are being applied.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and direction of new department associates.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- Ensure all Front Office quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Work in conjunction with accounting to maintain and minimize levels of account receivables.
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of room inventory status to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Supervise the activities and the service levels of the concierge telecommunications and front desk divisions.
- Ensure the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Responsible for the said franchise membership program and ensure that all guests who are members are appropriately recognized, meeting all standards.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program.
- Follow all applicable Amrit Ocean Resort and Residences Standard Operating Procedures.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meeting is required.
Upon employment, all associates are required to fully comply with Amrit Ocean Resort and Residences rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Associates who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and management of the Front Office. Activities center on identification of strengths and weaknesses and the development of plans and strategies to ensure business development.
- Responsible for sales to guests through the Front Desk and any actions taken by the incumbent that can impact on volume of business. Responsible for direct link between effort expended and decisions made and revenue generated by Front Office (performance indicators are sales, units, growth, turnover, etc.)
- Have control over the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses and had the capacity to set margins and manage the business against profit projections. Make decisions that relate to profit and loss. Responsible for the financial management of the operation.
- Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans. Monitor plans’ effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace, including setting targets, planning and scheduling work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Responsible for promoting the product and services to the targeted customer/guest group. Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, merchandising activities.
- Responsible for enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest. Able to make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the product and services. Use market research to develop new products and services.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of product and ensuring consistency in its delivery and standards.
- Report on a regular basis to the Executive Committee on the performance of the Rooms Division Manager and the department against budgets, sales and profit projections, and of operations and human resources performance. Analyze variances and monitor the impact of initiatives and corrective actions.
- Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness by the quality of decision making at the senior level as well as through the profit and service performance at the individual unit level.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of personnel. Will assist in discipline dtermination procedures.
- Operate the department within Amrit Ocean Resort and Residences policies as they relate to the ethical codes, standards of good business practice and local laws and regulations.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team.
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior.
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers.
- Be self motivated and use time wisely.
- Maintain open line of communications with each department.
- Communicate pertinent information.
- Respond positively to new ideas.
- Openly accept critical/developmental.
- Openly accept critical/developmental feedback.
- Report to work on time.
- Give adequate notice if going to miss work.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings, log books and bulletins.
- Be available to help other departments in emergency situations.
- Perform other assignments as directed by the General Manger.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited too those contained in the associate handbook.
Safety and Security:
- Properly handle and account for keys
- Be knowledgeable of policies regarding emergency procedures and security concerns
- Ensure protection of guests’ room numbers.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights,
occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the
following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, Equal Pay Act,
Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, NLRA.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the
working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, two to four years experience in front office/housekeeping/guest services, including at lease tow years supervisory experience required.
All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Amrit Ocean Resort and Residences Standards.
This job description may be expanded from time to time.