What does it take for a story or an establishment to go trending on social media? What do bloggers, international travel writers and seasoned travelers think about when they compound a small list of resorts and new tourist destinations to visit from a cross section of, well — the whole wide world? The Amrit Ocean Residences and Resort located on Singer Island in Palm Beach county in Florida has been featured in the 19 Best Places to Travel in 2019 by Orbitz. So how was Amrit Ocean Resorts able to receive this recognition alongside impressive resort destinations from India and China to Australia to Portugal to Argentina? Besides an investment and development team that is passionate and fully committed to this project, below are some of the unique features that help Amrit stand out and make the Orbitz cut:
Core Concept and Philosophy
Amrit, in Sanskrit, means “the elixir of life,” and every step has been taken to create one. Fronted by the Atlantic Ocean, Amrit employs the time-tested scientific principles of Patanjali Yoga to create an unrivaled wellness program and surroundings. The comprehensive offerings are based on five pillars of wellness and tranquil living — nutrition, fitness, mindfulness, sleep and relaxation —that are derived from the teachings by an Indian sage, Patanjali.
Patanjali Yoga Principles
The purpose of Patanjali teachings is to provide a roadmap for a peaceful and healthy living by creating congruity within the body, mind, senses, thought and action. The core of the Amrit wellness philosophy embodies the Eight Limbs of Patanjali Yoga. The following eight limbs, or Ashtanga in Sanskrit, build on each other and offer a way for each individual to pursue a unique journey of physical and mental health and balance:
- Yama relates to your behavior towards others.
- Niyama addresses how you relate to your own self.
- Asana, the most well known through yoga, is the practice of physical postures.
- Pranayama is the observation and control of the breath through regulation of inhalations and exhalations.
- Pratyadhara is the pursuit of mastery over external influences through withdrawal of the senses.
- Dharana is the practice of achieving concentration by focusing on a tangible object.
- Dhyana is uninterrupted meditation achieved without the help of an external object.
- Samadhi is the state of reaching super-consciousness or enlightenment.
Serene Design With Relaxation in Mind
Focusing on the belief that prevention is better than cure, Amrit offers restful and nourishing environs and services: Ayush hydrothermal area, hydro-reflexology path, team of sun angels, outdoor rhythm massage, quiet moment gardens, self-care stations, replenishment pools, cold therapy in Arctic Chill, steam and sauna, and the proprietary Amrit Easy Access Stair Guide app to alert you of nearby fitness opportunities. Here are some of the in-room features:
- Restful ritual menu available through an app or the TV
- Relaxing rituals bath butler service
- Clibrated circadian lighting to your individual rhythm and cycles
- Customized pillows, lighting, color and aroma to create your perfect sleeping environment
Customizable Programs for Every Guest
One size does not fit all, which is why Amrit has qualified staff members to guide you individually on your own plan of Five Pillars of Wellness. You can consult with our Sleep Specialists to design your ideal sleeping space. Certified health and nutrition experts are available to guide you on your dietary needs and programs options:
- Personalized Nutrition
- IV Vitamin Therapies
- Weight Management
Additionally, farm-to-table food is offered at four on-site restaurants, ensuring that the healthiest nourishment choices are made available to you. Partnering with the Himalayan Institute, Amrit offers a staff that includes certified instructors to guide various meditations and Patanjali Yoga study.
Are you intrigued and interested in taking your own journey of optimal wellness, yoga, meditation, relaxation and personal growth? Contact Amrit and customize your own program. There is no time like the present.
For more information visit www.amritocean.com