At the beach, life is different. Time doesn’t move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun. – Sandy Gingras
Across the nation, people are putting in long hours, day dreaming of their next vacation when they can get themselves to a body of water for a week or two and immerse into the tranquility of being near the ocean. Dipping your toes into the surf, feeling the sun touch down on a cheek, making the most of every moment while it lasts … until the retreat comes to its end.
But why must it come to an end? Palm Beach oceanfront condos aren’t just for vacationers; they work quite well for permanent residents, too! The reason you feel so amazing when visiting the coast because it is beneficial to the mind, body, and soul. Here are five reasons an oceanfront condo can lead you to serene living.
1. Slowing down: As Ms. Gingras mentioned in her ageless quote, coastal time is its own entity. It is less about deadlines and phone alerts from your daily calendar and more about each moment as it comes. The catharsis of a lapping wave and salty air makes it easy to slow your pace and let go of the hurried lifestyle that can come with the busyness of living elsewhere.
2. Nature and wildlife: Palm Beach luxury homes such as Amrit Ocean bring you closer to nature and wildlife. For starters, there are numerous parks and ecological preserves in the area, such as Peanut Island Park and Ocean Reef Park where you can immerse yourself in nature, whether it includes an afternoon of fishing or snorkeling for an up-close view of the reef. Spend time at Loggerhead Marinelife Center, a local sea turtle rescue where you can learn about ocean conservation in interactive exhibits and visit the viewing tanks. Or, check out the estuary and maritime hammock over at MacAurther Park, a state park that focuses on the preservation of the unique local ecosystem. Of course, you don’t have to be at a park to be immersed in nature here — there are opportunities at every turn in a coastal region to interact with and get closer to the land and its inhabitants.
3. Peacefulness: One of the biggest perks that comes is associated with living in an oceanfront condo is a sense of peace . You won’t find a house sitting between you and the ocean or popping up years down the road, allowing you to enjoy the crashing waves from your home in private and without visual clutter or distraction. Start each morning in a state of Zen as you enjoy your cup of tea or coffee while watching the sun slowly come up over the sparkling water.
Center yourself by engaging in yoga while watching in view of the surf or focusing on mindfulness with a massage or meditation session right on the sand. Even lounging in a chaise on the beach leads to increased peacefulness as the sun triggers the endocrine system to release endorphins, the natural chemicals that reduce stress and boost relaxation.
4. Physical benefits: Is it any surprise that oceanfront living is directly correlated to physical health? With a constant supply of sunshine, you will undoubtedly keep up your levels of vitamin D, which plays an important role when it comes to strengthening your bones and immune system. This nutrient can be absorbed through the skin when outdoors. Sunlight has been shown to protect against diseases such as depression and heart disease, and recent studies have shown that vitamin D may help slow and possibly prevent the growth of some cancers.
The welcoming weather is also conducive to plenty of physical activity. Whether you like to play in the surf or stay firmly on land, your options are plentiful. Take sailing lessons or rent a kayak to explore the nooks and crannies of the coast, take a bike ride through a local park, or take a leisurely jog as the sun goes down. Have a pup? Take him or her over to Jupiter Dog Beach where you can get in some active quality time in a dog-friendly environment. After your evening meal, the balmy evenings are perfect for a seaside stroll.
Health benefits don’t just happen while you’re awake! The slew of negative ions found in coastal air can help balance serotonin levels in the body as well as increase oxygen absorption. This can result in a more relaxed and sound sleep at night. Your systems can then properly heal, repair, and refresh, allowing you to face the morning with energy and vigor.
5. Financial investment: When you know you are making financially savvy decisions, you can let go of one more source of worry. Oceanfront property is always in demand, which means it retains value. You can rest assured that an investment in one of the Palm Beach luxury homes is a solid choice and that your investment will retain or increase its current value. When an oceanfront condo listing is featured, you’ll find that interest isn’t difficult to round up and it can often sell promptly. The real estate market is one of the few instances where time does not slow down along coastal communities.
Palm Beach luxury condos offer access to an active, healthy lifestyle in the most inviting environment. Moving to an oceanfront home is more than changing zip codes. It is making a choice to move towards serene living permanently.